You may not think one clog can be a nightmare, but the fact of the matter is that drain clogs can cause some serious damage to your plumbing and overall state of your home. Since you rely on your plumbing fixtures several times a day, your everyday life can turn into a big hassle when dirty drains prevent you from using your shower or toilet!
However, Plumberologist and the Home Service Doctors are here to ease your fears by providing drain cleaning that will take your house of horrors and transform it into a house of health and happiness. Your family shouldn’t have to settle for dirty drains and limited access to plumbing fixtures. Our drain cleaning experts work hard to make sure your drains are free of any filth, resulting in better overall performance for your home’s plumbing!
Signs Your Need Drain Cleaning
Our drain cleaning in Manassas is fast and easy, but it’s important to know what’s creating drain clogs in order for our plumbers to know how to stop it. Here are a few of the most common causes for drain cleaning:
- Grease Buildup: Cooking grease can often slip down drains and while you would think grease would actually create an easier, slicker drain pathway, grease actually hardens and slows down passage through pipes significantly. For any food waste that uses a significant amount of grease, it’s better to store the grease in a plastic bag before throwing in the garbage.
- Toiletries: The main cause for clogged toilets is toiletries such as cotton swabs, baby wipes, and dental floss. These items should be discarded in the garbage, but all too often do we come across customers who try to flush them down the drain! This can also lead to toilets overflowing, which can create a huge mess even the most experienced plumber would struggle to clean up!
- Undissolved Food Items: Foods like whole fruits and vegetables, potato skins, and rice should not go down your drains. While your garbage disposal, if you do own one, can chop up smaller food items, anything bigger can create huge problems for your drains and lead to major clogging.
- Dish Soap Buildup: The somewhat thick consistency of dish soap can prove harmful to your drains and buildup until you experience a clog. Dish soap passes through your drains too slowly and while it can clean your dishes, it’s best to keep it away from your drains.
When Do You Need Drain Cleaning?
Of course, you have to know when the time is right to call Plumberologist for service. If you’re unsure whether your drains need cleaning, then observe these 5 warning signs:
- Foul Odor: Is there a nasty, sewer smell coming from your drains? Then it’s possible there’s a buildup of a various number of substances or pollutants in your drains that needs to be cleaned out. The odor can be removed with effective drain cleaning but if it’s more serious, then it may also be time for sewer pipe repair.
- Slow Drains: Is the water taking longer to go down in the sink? Is it taking longer to flush down waste in the toilet? Then it’s a sign you need drain cleaning. Without immediate treatment, your drains will slow to the point where they won’t work anymore.
- Recurring Clogs: You can handle a minor clog by yourself, either by plunger or drain snake. However, if you’re starting to experience recurring clogs that you’re struggling to keep up with, then it’s time to call a plumber for drain cleaning in Fairfax that will put an end to your troubles.
- Sewage Backup: In the most extreme cases of dirty drains, you may experience sewage backup. Sewage backup can be incredibly unsanitary and lead puddling in your lawn, so it’s best to get drain cleaning in Fairfax immediately.
- Overflowing Toilets: Your toilet is the most essential plumbing fixture to your overall health and sanitation, but it can lead to a big mess when drains are clogged and your toilet starts overflowing. Call for service immediately when this occurs.